Where can I get help?

There are many different kinds of sexual violence, including though not limited to rape, sexual assault, child sexual abuse, sexual harassment, rape within relationships, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, and sexual exploitation.

We understand that getting help can be difficult. If you are worried about abuse happening to you or someone else, you could contact one of the services listed below

  • Police Emergency telephone 999
  • Police Non-Emergency telephone 101
  • Rape Crisis England and Wales
    Rape Crisis Centres provide frontline specialist, independent and confidential services for women and girls of all ages who’ve experienced any form of sexual violence. Visit
    https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/ for more information or call 0808 802 9999
  • The Survivors Trust
    135 member agencies provide support for all survivors of rape, sexual violence or childhood sexual abuse. For details of support services in your area visit http://thesurvivorstrust.org
  • Childline
    There to give young people a voice when no one else is listening. This service is for anyone under 19 years.  Trained counsellors are there to support you and are available any time, day or night.  Visit https://www.childline.org.uk for more information or call 0800 1111.
  • Male Survivors Partnership
    Signals national and local support services for male victims/survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation. Call the helpline on 0808 800 5005 or visit www.malesurvivor.co.uk.
  • 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
    24/7 confidential helpline. Call 0808 2000 247 or visit www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk for more information.
  • Napac (National Association for People Abused in Childhood)
    The damage caused by child abuse doesn’t always end in childhood. Napac offers support to adult survivors, friends and family. Call the support line on 0808 801 0331 or visit www.napac.org.uk
  • Samaritans
    Dedicated to reducing feelings of isolation and disconnection that can lead to suicide. Samaritans offer support 24/7. Whatever support you need, call them free any time, from any phone, on 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org.uk 
  • Talk to Frank
    Sign posts local support for individuals affected by drugs. Call the national helpline on 0300 123 6600 or visit www.talktofrank.com
  • Alcohol Change
    Sign posts local support for individuals and families affected by alcohol. Call the national alcoholics anonymous 24/7 helpline on 0800 9177 650 or  visit www. alcoholchange.org.uk

If you are concerned about hurting another person, there are organisations to help you: